Thursday, July 25, 2013

Gluten Free Diet highly suggested for youth athletes

I have now learned first-hand the complexity in creating meals that are Gluten-Free. I have had to go on a restricted diet (gluten-free & dairy-free) due to the colicky symptoms in my 7 week old baby boy. I have now been gluten free for a week. My energy level has skyrocketed. This has made me really think about the importance for athletes to eat gluten-free, or at least limit  the amount of gluten, in their meals.  Here are some excellent gluten-free, high-protein, meals I recommend for youth athletes to eat:
1) eggs, avocado, brown rice tortilla 
2) steak fajita with avocado wrapped in a corn tortilla 
3) grilled chicken, gluten-free pasta, Italian dressing
4) pork chop, avocado, greens salad with 
Lemon juice and olive oil 
5) fresh shaved lunch meat wrapped in lettuce

I hope these gluten-free meal ideas get shared with parents of youth athletes. And most importantly, that athletes and parents start to really think about at least limiting gluten in your meals!!

To learn more about improving athleticism in youth athletes in Scottsdale, Arizona contact us at Efficient Movement www.EfficientMovement.com.

In health & happiness,
Marilyn (Hintz) Kaminski, MS, ATC/L, CSCS

No comments:

Post a Comment