Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Working the Floor?

This was a great article for any personal trainer from our Strengthcoach.com site



I just read a thread in the Business Forum that had advice that blew me away. I’m not sure how many readers visit the Business Forum so I’d thought I summarize some of our readers’ thoughts on working the floor in a commercial gym. The value in this advice is tremendous and the reality is, this is where many of us start our careers. If I’m guessing your are getting the benefit of 70-80 years of experience here.


Steve Head- Sport and Health Inc Master Trainer


Before you “correct” someone (assuming not in eminent danger), introduce yourself. Learn their name, and use it every chance you get for a couple weeks, then after you’ve built a bit of rapport, they are far more likely to be open, receptive as oppposed to closed and defensve, which is a far more typical reaction. ?Make it a point, everyday to meet and learn the names of 5 members. I have picked up numerous clients with whom I did this, even if it was several months later. If, when they decide on training, guess who they are going to hire? You!



T o read the rest go to http://ift.tt/1gFqOPc








from Michael Boyle's Strengthcoach.com Blog http://ift.tt/1iYTktx

Visit Us At:

ScottsdaleSportsMedicine.net


Scottsdale Sports Medicine


via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment