Friday, June 10, 2016

Do Rear Foot Elevated Split Squats Cause Back Pain?

I just got back from speaking at the Perform Better Summit in Orlando.  Before my talks I took in Stuart McGill’s talk ( he is always one of my favorites and has greatly influenced me).

Recently Dr McGill has been vocal about Rear Foot Elevated Split Squats potentially causing back pain, particularly SI joint pain and as he calls it “pelvic ring” disruption.

We probably use the rear foot elevated split squat as much as anyone and, have not had any increase in SI joint pain or back pain in general. In fact, we switched to the split squat variations in response to back pain from heavy back and front squats. ( to finish reading, click here…)

 




from Michael Boyle's Strengthcoach.com Blog https://strengthcoachblog.com/2016/06/10/do-rear-foot-elevated-split-squats-cause-back-pain-2/
Visit Us At:

ScottsdaleSportsMedicine.net

Scottsdale Sports Medicine

via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment