Saturday, December 12, 2015

Box Jump Follow Up

Wow, yesterdays traffic was huge. 14,000 views here and over 60,000 reached on Facebook. Guess Box Jumps are popular.

I got an interesting response yesterday that made me realize that I should take this post a step further. The video below shows a good box jump. Interestingly, the athletes vertical jump approximately corresponds to the box height ( 24″ box, 25″ vertical). Sorry for the injection of logic.

The next video shows what a “too high” box jump looks like:

As I said yesterday, it’s not how high the box is, it’s the movement of the center of mass. High boxes can be dangerous.

To learn more you can order my Plyometric Training DVD from Perform Better.




from Michael Boyle's Strengthcoach.com Blog http://strengthcoachblog.com/2015/12/12/box-jump-follow-up/
Visit Us At:

ScottsdaleSportsMedicine.net

Scottsdale Sports Medicine

via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment