Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Step Ups, Step Downs and One Leg Squats

One of our coaches asked about why we don’t do step ups.

I realized that I had actually written an article for Strengthcoach.com about it.

Step Ups, Step Downs and 1 Leg Squats

A lot of confusion exists in the fields of strength and conditioning and physical therapy about single leg exercises. In fact we just had a well timed forum question on the StrengthCoach.com forums about using step-ups. I’ve written extensively in my all three of my books about single leg exercises and single leg progressions but, sometimes things are worth repeating. I often see the terms step-up, step down and 1 leg squat used almost interchangeably in the literature. I also think many coaches think these three exercises are similar. The truth is that all three share similar movement patterns yet the three are distinctly different. Lets look at all three:

NewFTFS_Cover




from Michael Boyle's Strengthcoach.com Blog https://strengthcoachblog.com/2016/08/23/step-ups-step-downs-and-one-leg-squats/
Visit Us At:

ScottsdaleSportsMedicine.net

Scottsdale Sports Medicine

via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment