Tuesday, March 29, 2016

The Truth About Achieving Excellence

This comes from Daniel Ally, courtesy of Success Magazine

On Becoming a Master….

One time, a fine pianist performed at a party. After she was done, a woman from the party said to the virtuoso, “I’d give anything to play as you do.” As the master pianist sipped her coffee in slow motion, she took a brief pause and said, “Oh no you wouldn’t.” Soon, a great hush filled the room as they were baffled in astonishment and massive confusion.

She continued, “You’d give anything to play as I do, except time. You wouldn’t sit and practice, hour after hour, day after day, year after years.” Then she flashed a warm smile while repositioning her coffee cup. “Please understand, I’m not criticizing,” she said. “I’m just telling you that when you say you’d give anything to play as I do, you don’t really mean it. You really don’t mean it at all.”

– See more at: http://www.success.com/blog/7-powerful-habits-of-a-self-made-millionaire#sthash.29vKHP6r.dpuf

I used to ask all my Boston University players “who will do anything to play in the NHL”? They all raised theirs hands. I’d then tell them that 80% of them were liars. Once I explained that “anything” meant a reduced social life, less alcohol and an early breakfast every day many went from raised hands to sheepish looks.

 




from Michael Boyle's Strengthcoach.com Blog https://strengthcoachblog.com/2016/03/29/the-truth-about-achieving-excellence/
Visit Us At:

ScottsdaleSportsMedicine.net

Scottsdale Sports Medicine

via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment