Thursday, May 5, 2016

Are You An Outside the Box Thinker? There’s a Reason There’s a Box

I wrote this for my StrengthCoach.com site a few years ago and thought I’d share it with a wider audience.

How often have you heard someone described as an “out of the box thinker” or heard someone praised for “thinking outside the box?” This is usually considered a compliment. However in a recent conversation with one of my clients who happens to be a world renowned plastic surgeon, I made the statement that forms the title for this article. THERE IS A REASON THERE IS A BOX. I went on to say that I thought most people would do well to really familiarize themselves with the inside of the box. I like to think that the coaches I admire could be described as someone who knows the subject matter “inside and out” vs. someone who thinks outside the box.

Coach John Wooden has a great quote:

“If you spend too much time learning the tricks of the trade, you may not learn the trade.”

There’s a Reason There’s a Box

 

Looking for more stuff like this? Sign up for StrengthCoach.com 




from Michael Boyle's Strengthcoach.com Blog https://strengthcoachblog.com/2016/05/05/are-you-an-outside-the-box-thinker-theres-a-reason-theres-a-box/
Visit Us At:

ScottsdaleSportsMedicine.net

Scottsdale Sports Medicine

via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment