Friday, May 6, 2016

The Accountability Problem in Youth Sports

This is another great piece from the people at Changing the Game Project.

I think as parents we can all have bad days at the field or the rink but this is a great reminder of how it should be.

The Accountability Problem in Youth Sports

“Thanks so much for your talk the other day,” wrote a coach from Calgary, Alberta to us recently. “It was so refreshing to hear that message, especially in light of the news I returned home to.”

“My friend spent the weekend coaching his son at a spring hockey tournament for 9 and 10 year olds,” he wrote. “He’s a pretty level headed guy and cares about the kids a lot, but the stories from the tournament were scary. He told me about three coaches getting kicked out for arguing with refs. He told me about a grandpa getting kicked out for arguing with refs. He told me about parents from his team asking other parents to please stop swearing at the kids from the stands. He told me about one kid cold-cocking another off a faceoff.”

The Accountability Problem in Youth Sports

 




from Michael Boyle's Strengthcoach.com Blog https://strengthcoachblog.com/2016/05/06/the-accountability-problem-in-youth-sports/
Visit Us At:

ScottsdaleSportsMedicine.net

Scottsdale Sports Medicine

via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment