Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Are You Too Busy to Get Better?

Lately I’ve been too busy to get better. What does that mean? It means I’ve neglected my continuing ed. I’m lucky, I love to read so I can get a lot of continuing education from a book or audio program.

Ask yourself if you are too busy to get better. I think many coaches are. I frequently see coaches fall years behind in their knowledge because they feel guilty about taking a few days away from the weightroom . In fact, I hear coaches say this all the time. “I was going to go to that seminar but we had workouts that day “.  Trust me, we all have workouts.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting the results to change. Are you insane? Do you want better performances or less injuries but yet you keep doing the same workouts year in and year out?

Don’t be too busy to get better and don’t make your staff too busy to get better. Make a commitment to continuing education. Attend at least two seminars a year. I’ll give you two can’t miss recommendations right now. Take an FMS course and attend a Perform Better Summit. Remember in order to get better continuing education must trump workouts at least twice a year.

Steven Covey calls this process Sharpening the Saw in one of my favorite books Seven Habits of Highly Effective People. Take time to sharpen your saw and make sure your staff sharpens. Remember we must lead by example.

Another great way to stay current on your own time is to join a site like StrengthCoach.com  . Strengthcoach.com  allows you to stay up on the latest trends on your time. Take a look.

 




from Michael Boyle's Strengthcoach.com Blog https://strengthcoachblog.com/2016/05/17/are-you-too-busy-to-get-better-2/
Visit Us At:

ScottsdaleSportsMedicine.net

Scottsdale Sports Medicine

via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment